First generation (1987-1992)
- Barbie and the Rockers: Out of this World (1987)
- Barbie and The Sensations: Rockin’ Back to Earth (1987)
- Dance! Workout with Barbie (1992)
Second generation (2001-present)
- Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001) In her first full-length feature movie, Barbie stars as Clara, who is shrunken by the evil Mouse King. With her new friend, the Nutcracker, Clara embarks on an adventure through a magical world to find the Sugar Plum fairy Princess, the only one with the power to save the land.
- Barbie as Rapunzel (2002) Barbie stars as Rapunzel, a talented artist with very long hair, who has been locked up all her life by the wicked witch, Gothel. But with the help of a magic paintbrush, Rapunzel paints her way out of her lifelong prison and into freedom.
- Barbie of Swan Lake (2003) Barbie stars as Odette, a young baker’s daughter, who follows a unicorn into an enchanted forest and is turned into a swan by the evil wizard, Rothbart. After freeing a magic crystal, Odette realises she is the only one who can save the Enchanted Forest from Rothbart’s clutches.
- Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (2004) In her first musical, Barbie stars in the dual role of Princess Anneliese and the semstress, Erika, two identical girls who switch places to save the kingdom when Anneliese is kidnapped.
- Barbie: Fairytopia (2005) Barbie stars as Elina, a fairy who is teased by the other fairies because she has no wings. But when the evil fairy, Laverna poisons everything in the sky, Elina sets out to save Fairytopia.
- Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (2005) Barbie stars as Princess Annika, who is being pursued by the evil wizard, Wenlock. Along with the Pegasus, Brietta, Annika embarks on a mission to build a Wand of Light and save her kingdom.
- The Barbie Diaries (2006) Barbie is a teenage girl with a magical diary. Whatever she writes in the diary comes true. She realises she has a secret admirer, who she thinks is Todd.
- Barbie: Mermaidia (2006) The sequel to Fairytopia. When the merprince, Nalu is kidnapped, Elina must give up her wings for a mermaid tail in order to save him.
- Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses (2006) Barbie stars as Princess Genevieve who has eleven sisters, all of whom have a love for dancing. When their father sends the cruel Duchess Rowena to discipline them, the Princesses discover the gateway to a magical land.
- Barbie Fairytopia: Magic of the Rainbow (2007) The third installment of the Fairytopia series. Elina is invited to Fairy School by the Fairy Guardian, Azura to train as her apprentice in preparation for the next Flight of Spring. However, Laverna has devised a plan to ruin the Flight and plunge Fairytopia into ten years of winter.
- Barbie as the Island Princess (2007) Barbie stars as Rosella, a shipwrecked Princess who grew up on a tropical island and can talk to animals. When Prince Antonio discovers the island, Rosella chooses to travel to civilization and find her family.
- Barbie Mariposa (2008) Set in the Fairytopia series, Elina tells the story of Mariposa, a butterfly fairy who goes on a quest to save the Queen of Flutterfield when she is poisoned by the evil fairy, Henna.
- Barbie & the Diamond Castle (2008) Barbie and Teresa star as Liana and Alexa, two best friends with a love of music, who discover a mirror with a girl trapped inside. With their new friend, Melody, the girls set out to find the Diamond Castle, the home of music.
- Barbie in a Christmas Carol (2008) In her first Christmas movie, Barbie stars as Eden Starling, a spoiled, selfish, hard-hearted opera singer, who doesn’t believe in Christmas.
- Barbie Thumbelina (2009) When opening a new nature reserve, Barbie tells the story of the tiny fairy, Thumbelina. Thumbelina, with the help of a spoiled young girl named Makena, sets out to save her home from being destroyed by construction workers, who are planning to build a factory.
- Barbie and the Three Musketeers (2009) Barbie stars as Corinne, a girl who dreams to become a musketeer. When Corinne travels to Paris, she meets three other girls who share the same dream and their skills are put to the test when they discover a deadly plot against Prince Louis.
- Barbie in A Mermaid Tale (2010) Barbie stars as Merliah Summers, a star surfer, who discovers that she is half-mermaid and must save her mother, Queen Calissa of Oceania, from the evil Eris.
- Barbie: A Fashion Fairy Tale (2010) When Barbie goes to Paris, her Aunt Millicent’s boutique is going under. With the help of some new magical friends, Barbie must help save the business.
- Barbie: A Fairy Secret (2011) Barbie goes on a fairy adventure to save her boyfriend, Ken, who has been kidnapped by a lovestruck fairy princess.
- Barbie: Princess Charm School (2011) Barbie stars as Blair, a girl who works as a waitress, and is chosen to study at a Princess School and faces many problems keeping up with her “rich” classmates. But she soon discovers something about herself that, before, she never would have imagined possible.
- Barbie: A Perfect Christmas (2011) When Barbie and her sisters think their Christmas is ruined, things change for the better and they end up having the best Christmas ever, also learning what Christmas is really all about.
- Barbie in A Mermaid Tale 2 (2012) The sequel to A Mermaid Tale. Merliah Summers returns to Oceania when her kingdom is in danger; on land, she is kicking it in the waves with her new rival, Kylie Morgan.
- Mark Twain’s The Prince and the Pauper. Barbie stars in the dual role of Princess Tori and the popstar, Keira, two identical girls who magically trade places so each can become what they’ve always wanted to be.
- Barbie in The Pink Shoes (2013) Barbie stars as Kristyn Farraday, a ballerina who discovers a magical pair of pink ballet shoes that take her to a magical ballet world, where she dances as a star in famous ballets
- Toy Story 2 (1999) minor role (Tour guide Barbie)
- Kelly Dream Club (2002) (also known as Shelly Dream Club)
- My Scene Jammin’ In Jamaica (2004)
- My Scene Masquerade Madness (2004)
- Toy Story 3 (2010) minor role
- Barbie A Camping We Will Go (2011) (short 5 minute movie) Barbie and her sisters go camping in the wilderness.
- Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse (2012) (web series) Barbie with her friends and family have fun in the dream house.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article barbie (film series), which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.